Myronator

Catalan05

Axl

MMILORD
BRENDAN
NIKACHU

Read Below

OUR CLAN IS DEAD, DO NOT POST AN INTRO OR APP HERE BECAUSE WE ARE DEAD. ALL WE DO IS SHITPOST ABOUT NOTHING

:| Current F2P Requirements: 108+ Combat, 10 sets and 1 referral for FA |:

RS Public CC: Clegion
CL Chat Client

Login    Forum    Register    FAQ

Board index » Public General Chat » Off-topic Discussion

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2599 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 126, 127, 128, 129, 130
 Post subject: Re: FOOTBALL
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:05 pm 
Clan Leader
Clan Leader
Without You I'm Nothing

Member No: 9

Latvia
Highscores: 4
Clan: Wurundjeri Tribe
RSN: CL's crudbucket
Combat: 123
RS Status: Free
That pitch was one of the worst I've ever seen lol. Dunno how anyone plays on it. I think I'll be in the active area, but yeah, he's right, our atmosphere is shit. There must be no overlap in a league fans and socceroos fans because no one wants to make any noise.

I really hope we can convert some chances. But still, its a massive uphill battle from here.

<%Brendan> what do u put in a toaster?
<+Jollibeeme> toaster

If I could sink my teeth into the dreams of ordinary people

Post Posted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:12 pm 
Clan Leader
Clan Leader
Without You I'm Nothing

Latvia
Well, we did it

<+Jollibeeme> toaster

Post Posted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:11 pm 
High Council
High Council
I don't know Jeff!

Member No: 243

Australia
Highscores: 6
Clan: Cata Lans
RSN: Catalan05
Combat: 126
RS Status: Members
Ange is done. Not unexpected considering he said he would consider things after Honduras. Now we've got to go through the constant daily rumours of who our next coach will be. Hope we don't end up with a Pim Verbeek-like coach lol.

"If you took the goals out of it. I think it was pretty even."
- Alan Curbishley: Ex-West Ham football manager; after his side lost 4-0 to Chelsea.

plasmo01 wrote:
>.< catalan05 u really like this forum lol you say every 1 must post 50 or sumthin geez lol

>.< at least i know u dont have any thing againsted me lol... >.< nice to know u treat every 1 as an enemy or sumthin >.<

now i know you ur a council member lol gj mate. you've been doing well.

RockinsummeR wrote:
holy ucking shit im hi CUTOLAN chauka khan bro omg i just got how to spell that from that sipsoms epiode JUST THEN

Post Posted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:46 am 
Clan Leader
Clan Leader
Without You I'm Nothing

Latvia
It's really damn strange that he'd quit now. How many people would quit when they have a guaranteed shot at coaching at the world cup?? Seems like everything he's done this past year has been out of character. I definitely feel we'll be getting a shit coach though. Either an a-league one where no one is any good, or some big name that doesn't really care about Aus.

<+Jollibeeme> toaster

Post Posted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:31 am 
High Council
High Council
I don't know Jeff!

Australia

Australia's group is not too bad. France is very strong but if we were to get 1 of the 5 South American Teams to qualify, Peru would have been the weakest. Denmark is solid too but they are probably not too bad a match up either.

- Alan Curbishley: Ex-West Ham football manager; after his side lost 4-0 to Chelsea.

plasmo01 wrote:
>.< catalan05 u really like this forum lol you say every 1 must post 50 or sumthin geez lol

>.< at least i know u dont have any thing againsted me lol... >.< nice to know u treat every 1 as an enemy or sumthin >.<

RockinsummeR wrote:
holy ucking shit im hi CUTOLAN chauka khan bro omg i just got how to spell that from that sipsoms epiode JUST THEN

Post Posted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:09 pm 
Clan Leader
Clan Leader
Without You I'm Nothing

Latvia
We're pretty screwed, but outside of group A they're all around equally brutal. Hopefully we can get one upset, or a draw or something out of this. Gonna be difficult with a new manager and all.

<+Jollibeeme> toaster

Post Posted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:59 pm 
High Council
High Council
I don't know Jeff!

Australia
Thought Arsenal were going to lose 4-0 again to Liverpool, good to see the key players step up. First half could have been so much worse. Classic Liverpool this season to dominate games only to drop points. Not sure what Arsenal are going to do in January, the rumours of Sanchez and Ozil going are not quieting down.

plasmo01 wrote:

RockinsummeR wrote:

Post Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:34 pm 
Clan Leader
Clan Leader
Without You I'm Nothing

Latvia
Lol wtf is happening with Man City. They're unstoppable.

The A League is in a fair mess. Still don't have a damn socceroos coach!

<+Jollibeeme> toaster

Post Posted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:55 pm 
High Council
High Council
I don't know Jeff!

Australia
Pep has been able to rotate players and still get the job done, while mainstays like KDB and what seems like Sterling have consistently performed well. Sterling has improved so much this season, owned by like 30%+ FPL teams. They've also won some tight games in between the thrashings, while teams below them find ways to drop points.

Can't believe we are considering Arnold as coach for an upcoming World Cup year, almost want us to get knocked out in the group stages if this happens.

A-league is really stale right now. Sydney is dominating everyone while getting away with incidents like Bobo's stamp behind play. Wanderers suddenly turned shit under Gombau, hopefully he either does something with the current players or improves on the squad in the transfer window.

plasmo01 wrote:

RockinsummeR wrote:

Post Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:09 am 
High Council
High Council
I don't know Jeff!

Australia
Coutinho to Barca should create a bit more Jan transfer activity. Bit surprised it happened now at not at the end of the season. Liverpool could use some of that money to buy a half-decent goalie, but they'll probably just look for more attacking mids.

plasmo01 wrote:

RockinsummeR wrote:

Post Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:33 pm 
Clan Leader
Clan Leader
Without You I'm Nothing

Latvia
I can't believe how much Coutinho went for. That's an insane amount of money for him. But the way things are going its probably still a bargain.

There's so many issues with football in Aus now. FFA aren't promoting the league at all and aren't considering any new teams. The best team in the league basically does it by having foreigners dominate the forward line and by playing stupidly rough so they get away with a shit ton of fouls that no other team would. Its not like when Ange had Roar playing attractive football, this is just straight up bully ball that wouldn't work anywhere else. Which then makes me confused why anyone would even consider Arnold for the Socceroos job. We'd get slaughtered under him. What are we gonna do under him? Can't have Jedinak just stamp people and not get suspended for it. We need to move the league from this boring physical play, its like what the league was in 2006 just with better players.

<+Jollibeeme> toaster

Post Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:11 am 
High Council
High Council
I don't know Jeff!

Australia
Thought FIFA were going to kick out bloody Gallop and Lowy but now it's gone on the lowdown.

They tried to tone down the VAR influence but ffs how do you not do anything about the Maccarone's elbow on Santalab where he's not even looking at the ball. Plus the dive by Arzani in the City vs Perth game, he was already going down before contact. I'm not sure what constitutes a clear and obvious error for overturning a decision/no decision purposes. Apparently there was a stat somewhere that Sydney FC have the lowest cards to fouls ratio, which can only look like referee favouritism because there should be yellows for accumulation of fouls. If the midfield and forwards like Brosque were carded earlier for their non-stop fouling, the outcomes of the games could be different.

plasmo01 wrote:

RockinsummeR wrote:

Post Posted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:54 am 
Clan Leader
Clan Leader
Without You I'm Nothing

Latvia
What's happening to the Wanderers? Defence was so open and Victory has been poor this season! Probably doesn't help that they're playing in Homebush instead of a proper stadium for a smaller audience. And yeah, the Sydney FC cards to fouls ratio is true, they have double the fouls to get a card compared to every other team.

The Alexis Sanchez saga has been interesting. Still don't get why he'd change teams in January instead of after the season is over.

<+Jollibeeme> toaster

Post Posted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:10 pm 
High Council
High Council
I don't know Jeff!

Australia
Well I was at the game in the RBB. Our captain sort of quit to go to Malaysia mid-week so we used a left back as a centre back and we got caught on the break a few times on that side. Regardless of that, since Gombau has taken over we have been defensively loose, losing 3-0, 4-0, 5-0 rarely happened under Popovic. Not sure how much his tactics are influencing the defensive structures but there have been games we put attacking changes even when we are winning.

We've had a good mini run recently, 8 points from 4 games before that loss. If we won Friday would've only been 1 point behind Victory. As average as we are going could be level on points with Adelaide if we win our game in hand. Can't believe there are 4 teams going worse than us.

Arsenal should've probably sold Sanchez last summer, lucky to get any money at all and to get a player in MK as part of the deal is a bonus. Could link up well with the potential signing of Aubemayang.

plasmo01 wrote:

RockinsummeR wrote:

Post Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:57 pm 
Clan Leader
Clan Leader
Without You I'm Nothing

Latvia
Ahhh that makes sense. Milligan might be leaving too so I can see Victory losing several games again. No idea why he'd leave to a lower league, especially with the world cup coming. Gombau doesn't seem like he'd be a bad coach, just needs time with his team and a squad that isn't changing all the time.

I heard Arnold ruled himself out of the national team job, which is good. But the other names that have been offered all seem to be either has-beens or people you know wouldn't give a shit about the Socceroos.

<+Jollibeeme> toaster

Post Posted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:07 pm 
High Council
High Council
I don't know Jeff!

Australia
Back to a Dutch coach for the Socceroos, not sure what he can actually do for us but if we're basing on what he did with the Dutch national team, we could be set up more defensively than under Ange, which might not be the worst thing. We have a lot of players not getting match time. Cahill got 4 mins in his return to Millwall, he might still get picked by default if we have barely any strikers though.

plasmo01 wrote:

RockinsummeR wrote:

Post Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:11 am 
Clan Leader
Clan Leader
Without You I'm Nothing

Latvia
Written off Melbourne Victory, written off the world cup... its all depressing from here! Just glad it ain't Arnold coaching us, cos that would have been brutal. I don't mind Cahill as a super sub, but damn we need someone better than Juric up front as another option.

<+Jollibeeme> toaster

Post Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:37 pm 
Centurion
Centurion

Member No: 157

NewZealand
RSN: Fulcan333
Combat: 124
RS Status: Absent
oh plssssssssssssssss at least you dont have to support the phoenix by default myron....

Post Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:34 am 
High Council
High Council
I don't know Jeff!

Australia
Myronator wrote:
Written off Melbourne Victory, written off the world cup... its all depressing from here! Just glad it ain't Arnold coaching us, cos that would have been brutal. I don't mind Cahill as a super sub, but damn we need someone better than Juric up front as another option.

Only Aus strikers we got that I could think of:
-Juric: Plays regularly, scoring at an ok rate this season. Seems to create plenty of goal scoring opportunities but pretty wasteful (constant theme throughout his career). Can be a big game player (scored in ACL final, set up winning Asian Cup goal).
-Jamie Maclaren: Great at Brisbane, yet to prove himself at international level. Recently joined a Scottish club after getting no game time in Bundesliga 2. Could be Scott Macdonald all over again but for the Socceroos sake hope he at least scores regularly while in the SPL.
-Rukavytsya: With his pace, more suited to a flank role.
-Cahill: Old faithful lol.

So yeh it does look like Juric is going to lead the line but that's kind of sad we've got such a small pool to choose from after all this time.

plasmo01 wrote:

RockinsummeR wrote:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2599 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 126, 127, 128, 129, 130

Board index » Public General Chat » Off-topic Discussion