Myronator

Catalan05

Axl

MMILORD
BRENDAN
NIKACHU

Read Below

OUR CLAN IS DEAD, DO NOT POST AN INTRO OR APP HERE BECAUSE WE ARE DEAD. ALL WE DO IS SHITPOST ABOUT NOTHING

:| Current F2P Requirements: 108+ Combat, 10 sets and 1 referral for FA |:

RS Public CC: Clegion
CL Chat Client

Login    Forum    Register    FAQ

Board index » Public General Chat » Public Clan Discussion

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: CL v2
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:05 pm 
Clan Leader
Clan Leader
Without You I'm Nothing

Member No: 9

Latvia
Highscores: 4
Clan: Wurundjeri Tribe
RSN: CL's crudbucket
Combat: 123
RS Status: Free
-Davis- wrote:
Most currently active former members are with us now

You can't make that claim when you haven't even sent an invite out to all CL members out there, let alone anyone here. If anything, that's where the starting point should have been.

-Davis- wrote:
If you are worried about honour as a clan every clan 1 items and crashes these days, it no longer exists to care.

Tis a shame it divided former members like this but it is what it is.

Honour isn't an issue. What matters here is how you guys had so little respect for anyone here that you didn't even bother trying to discuss what you're doing, didn't want to listen to any of us and thought racism is okay. Why even call yourselves CL if you don't give two shits what CL members think and think that racism is fine if its towards CL's leader? Its not "it is what it is"; you guys decided to be assholes for no reason. At least when people became assholes to us over e-gf's they got something in return; you guys aren't even getting anything. Doesn't make sense at all.

<%Brendan> what do u put in a toaster?
<+Jollibeeme> toaster

If I could sink my teeth into the dreams of ordinary people

Post Posted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:32 pm 
Member No: 0
Myronator wrote:
-Davis- wrote:

You can't make that claim when you haven't even sent an invite out to all CL members out there, let alone anyone here. If anything, that's where the starting point should have been.

-Davis- wrote:
If you are worried about honour as a clan every clan 1 items and crashes these days, it no longer exists to care.

Honour isn't an issue. What matters here is how you guys had so little respect for anyone here that you didn't even bother trying to discuss what you're doing, didn't want to listen to any of us and thought racism is okay. Why even call yourselves CL if you don't give two shits what CL members think and think that racism is fine if its towards CL's leader? Its not "it is what it is"; you guys decided to be assholes for no reason. At least when people became assholes to us over e-gf's they got something in return; you guys aren't even getting anything. Doesn't make sense at all.

Hey, Me and other people that play OSRS were told "CL" is re-opening and were told that former officials helped us with the new site, We were told some really old names were coming back not to mention a lot of the CL who play OSRS already had one another added :).

"You guys had no respect for the 'cl here' or it's officials" -I dont think that argument is entirely valid. Members here knew about the OSRS cl opening and were keen, Those who weren't would have been invited by their good mates :).

On the Racist part: I think everyone here is forgetting how bad everyone acted in 2004>2008 maybe even longer on forums. You're right that it's 2017 and any talking like that is spastic and should be shut down As soon as it's written. You just need to see it from their view point. They Opened up on OSRS with some old original members, Help from a former official with the new forums and invited all their Aussies mates to get back into OSRS and give the timezone another crack :). Of course they'll get offended when they're labeled as "disrespectful" but you're right being "Racist" was fucked I guess, Good thing we're all Aussies here and can move on.

Anyways, If you want to be apart of the OSRS CL and get back into the Australian community go for it, Give them a chance. I'd even love to see anyone here who still plays runescape/OSRS but wasn't aware or invited over to CL OSRS to give it a crack and come help.

Their's no point arguing about "respect", It's over the internet, things can be read wrong or even said as sarcasm but taken seriously.

At the end of the day it's 2017, People don't play RS to start beef or start drama. People might get offended and somehow it turns into that but If it can't be worked out that's just taking away from the point of getting back into this game

-Andy-

PS: As for anything between you and Karate, Everyone told me - including him - that you were the first one he reached out to about it but you never replied (You say he should have kept trying but it's my understanding he started asking other officials) Prettysure it's all just out of hand and huge is understanding, and as for karate's respect, We wanted people like you,samp,catalan, Any old official to come and help.

<19:36:06> "Karate": Everyone is more then Welcome to come to our community here in OSRS even you myron come. Any Ex CL is more then Welcome stop being divided.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:00 pm 
CL Legend
CL Legend
Brave Robot

Member No: 6

South_Africa
Clan: Chivalry Legions
RSN: RockinsummeR
Combat: 125
RS Status: Retired
I have no dog in this fight, but it seems to me there's a load of BS being said here. The fact is myronator was CL's last standing leader, it would be 100% his call to reopen the clan or give permission for someone else to. You had trouble contacting him? heard of patience? And if he had said no? You'd probably have done it anyway because of karatekids obvious lack of respect.

You guys are giving this whole nice narrative that you all logged into OSRS, got back in contact and as a bunch of mates decided 'hey we'll come together and be CL again :) :) "

But if the base group of you were all true oldschool CL, the first thing any intelligent person would have done would be to make a forum post here about it. Say, "hey guys, we are thinking of reopening CL, how do you feel about that? would it be okay if karatekid was the leader? Should we set up shop here or move to a new forum?" ect ect

And if you gave a shit about this clan you'd accept it if the answer was "no we don't want any of this".

There also seems to be confusion about what CL was. We weren't AA, Team X or TNC. We strove for years to break out of the aussie stereotype and become a global clan. Yeah, maybe we never truly succeeded but we were a far cry from those shitty teams.

Click here to grab the official CL sig & Avatar

Post Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:01 pm 
Squire
Squire

Member No: 2107

Australia
Clan: CL
RSN: Robot 20003
Combat: 126
RS Status: Members
The only way i can really see this being of any matter is if the CL that closed before actually had intentions of re-opening again. In the end, our enjoyable memories can't be taken away, which is what counts.

P.S. Yes i understand that the clan has a lot of history which has been built up over many years, where you should be proud of what had been achieved, but in the end is it worth caring much over? I'm sure our lives have much more to offer nowadays!

Post Posted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:18 am 
CL Legend
CL Legend
Brave Robot

South_Africa
Robot 20003 wrote:
The only way i can really see this being of any matter is if the CL that closed before actually had intentions of re-opening again. In the end, our enjoyable memories can't be taken away, which is what counts.

P.S. Yes i understand that the clan has a lot of history which has been built up over many years, where you should be proud of what had been achieved, but in the end is it worth caring much over? I'm sure our lives have much more to offer nowadays!

It really just comes down to respect. For myron and CL's history. I mean at the end of the day I 100% do not care about this because runescape is old dead history to me, but I know bullshit when I see it and I'm just chiming in my 2 cents on the issue.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:57 pm 
It seems as though the main argument is "respect" and people feeling "Dis-Respected". Fair enough, But since you already feel disrespected nothing can change that. My suggestion would be to go onto the OSRS CL website/Jump on their Ts and have a chat or even go pking with them. You'll soon move on.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:36 pm 
CL Legend
CL Legend
Brave Robot

South_Africa
darklord1848 wrote:
It seems as though the main argument is "respect" and people feeling "Dis-Respected". Fair enough, But since you already feel disrespected nothing can change that. My suggestion would be to go onto the OSRS CL website/Jump on their Ts and have a chat or even go pking with them. You'll soon move on.

Actually there's one pretty simple thing that could change that...

Post Posted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:11 pm 
Squire
Squire

Australia
RockinsummeR wrote:
Robot 20003 wrote:

It really just comes down to respect. For myron and CL's history. I mean at the end of the day I 100% do not care about this because runescape is old dead history to me, but I know bullshit when I see it and I'm just chiming in my 2 cents on the issue.

Yeah i totally understand that. That's the only thing of concern to me, is for someone who put so much effort into the clan having to deal with this crap.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:04 am 
CL Legend
CL Legend

Member No: 2

PleaseSelect
Highscores: 1
RSN: Davis_123
Myronator wrote:
-Davis- wrote:

-Davis- wrote:

First of all I wasn't part of the initial movement to create this group, I joined on after the fact and decided to help these guys out and I don't approve of James attitude/language used nor do I approve of the blanket no response that was given to them when they asked politely to begin with.

I could as a former leader have made a plea to reopen the clan but for 2 obvious reason I never have:
#1 I see this as a foundation to rebuild not a re-emergence of CL to its former glories and as such it is a long way off getting to the stage where that would be necessary.
#2 Your complete flat out denial without discussion, if you aren't willing to talk to those interested in recreating what was once great I wasn't going to waste my time asking.

I must stress that this is a PK TEAM not a CLAN we have created, we have not reopened CL as it was behind anyone's back and anyone who thinks we have is kidding themselves, this is simply a group of former CL members and their new friends pking in a TEAM not a CLAN.

Should we grow to the point where we decide its time to become a clan rather then a team I will either ask should we wish to recreate CL or forge a new name at that point but for now this is not a CL rebirth as a clan it is merely a Team of former members laying the foundations for a future clan. Much like how TDC was just nathan and daniel with a handful of others running around trying to make some money we will do the same and see what that leads to.

Should you ever feel to urge to have a serious discussion about it I will be here waiting, so long as I remain active I will be helping these guys grow and learn.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:52 pm 
CL Legend
CL Legend
Brave Robot

South_Africa
-Davis- wrote:
Myronator wrote:
-Davis- wrote:

-Davis- wrote:

First of all I wasn't part of the initial movement to create this group, I joined on after the fact and decided to help these guys out and I don't approve of James attitude/language used nor do I approve of the blanket no response that was given to them when they asked politely to begin with.

I could as a former leader have made a plea to reopen the clan but for 2 obvious reason I never have:
#1 I see this as a foundation to rebuild not a re-emergence of CL to its former glories and as such it is a long way off getting to the stage where that would be necessary.
#2 Your complete flat out denial without discussion, if you aren't willing to talk to those interested in recreating what was once great I wasn't going to waste my time asking.

I must stress that this is a PK TEAM not a CLAN we have created, we have not reopened CL as it was behind anyone's back and anyone who thinks we have is kidding themselves, this is simply a group of former CL members and their new friends pking in a TEAM not a CLAN.

Should we grow to the point where we decide its time to become a clan rather then a team I will either ask should we wish to recreate CL or forge a new name at that point but for now this is not a CL rebirth as a clan it is merely a Team of former members laying the foundations for a future clan. Much like how TDC was just nathan and daniel with a handful of others running around trying to make some money we will do the same and see what that leads to.

Should you ever feel to urge to have a serious discussion about it I will be here waiting, so long as I remain active I will be helping these guys grow and learn.

But what exactly separates this team from being clan? I mean you have forums/Ts/IRC/clan chat/applicant cmb requirements/traditional leaderboard structure... can you multiclan? seems like a pretty fine distinction to make.

If your argument is that this is a new team of "some CL members and friends", and is not a explicit rebirth of CL, why do you feel the need to use the name Chivalry Legions?

Also I checked out your forums and you have a post/link about CL's history which links to our clan website history. Also loads of your members seemed to be using old CL sigs/avatars/banners (many of which I made). Those things don't really fit your narrative.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:07 pm 
CL Legend
CL Legend

PleaseSelect
RockinsummeR wrote:
-Davis- wrote:
Myronator wrote:
-Davis- wrote:

-Davis- wrote:

But what exactly separates this team from being clan? I mean you have forums/Ts/IRC/clan chat/applicant cmb requirements/traditional leaderboard structure... can you multiclan? seems like a pretty fine distinction to make.

If your argument is that this is a new team of "some CL members and friends", and is not a explicit rebirth of CL, why do you feel the need to use the name Chivalry Legions?

Also I checked out your forums and you have a post/link about CL's history which links to our clan website history. Also loads of your members seemed to be using old CL sigs/avatars/banners (many of which I made). Those things don't really fit your narrative.

Yes the very difference is that the members are not tied to us, they are all in clans such as VR, DF, AF, etc hence we are a team that pks in the aussie timezone together.

CL is what binds most of us together and is the reason we have come back together now to make this team so in many ways the name is symbolic. Personally i'd have gone with Team Chivalry or something along those lines for now but it seems pointless to change now as the attitude of some wouldn't be any different regardless.

I made half a dozen images to help fine tune this skin when we originally setup these forums, I personally don't see the big deal in a couple of members choosing to use old sigs but that's just me. If there is something you personally don't want used i'll see what I can do to remove them.

As someone who has been LB of this clan since the TDC days I am not out to ruin the image or memory of CL as a clan, what we are trying to do is something nice for the aussies/kiwis still out there wishing to enjoy the game and pking without waking up at 3am in the morning.

Is it asking too much to want to reunite former cl members to pk together in our own timezone again? We aren't asking to restart CL and if I were i'd ask Nathan directly.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:02 am 
Clan Leader
Clan Leader
Without You I'm Nothing

Latvia
There aren't enough words in the english language to describe how confusing and baffling this is. Only dealing with Smexy John left me more confused.

Literally all the issues go away for us if the name is changed, but you don't want to change the name because it seems pointless? How? Why? What?

I check your site, there have been 23 members of your team that have been online today, only 3 are CL. Would it not be more reasonable to say being Aussie/Kiwi is what is binding your team together instead of CL?

You aren't asking to restart CL, but that's literally what both Skeersy and Karatekid said they are/were doing. If you're not, why is the name important? (On a side note, Nathan already said years ago that I had the final say in what happens with CL since he was done with everything CL related forever.)

You want to be an Aussie/Kiwi team of a few CL + mostly friends, so why is it called CL? Why not call it Team ANZAC or whatever? CL had members from around the world. From 2009 onwards over half the clan was not Aussie or Kiwi. Why do you think its okay to ignore them and still call yourself CL?

If they wanted more than a no response, maybe they should have made a proposal better than just

Karatekid_77 wrote:
we remaking this bro.

And you know, I still did explain my position and still am yet to get a consistent, clear response justifying calling this p2p pk team CL.

In a nutshell, this is what I've heard from you guys; you have a p2p pk team, that is definitely not going to f2p pk like CL used to, with a few CL members that are the core of the team, but also has non CL members ranked because you can't make up the numbers with just CL members, that isn't going to cater for any non Aussie/Kiwi CL members, with a load of non CL members making up the bulk of the team, that both is and isn't a CL remake but wants to use our sigs and history and claim its CL, while it also doesn't want to ruin our legacy or memory of CL as a clan even though it must be called CL and known as the future of CL, but it can also not be CL which would please the people who don't want it called CL but that's pointless for some reason and CL members who aren't a part of it can also go fuck themselves for having an opinion and racism is okay but probably not okay when aimed at a leader of CL if it is coming from the leader of the new p2p pk team known as CL/not CL but definitely CL.

Robot made a Team Australia for a short bit to reunite all the Aussies/Kiwis out there to do some Aussie timezone stuff. None of us had a problem with it since he didn't claim it was CL.

<+Jollibeeme> toaster

Post Posted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:21 am 
CL Legend
CL Legend

PleaseSelect
Myself, Karate, Yuyeveon, Darklord, Romeo, Curvey, Potent, bigbird, Duncan, Nik, Anna.

They boys asked you if they could reboot CL for months and you ignored them until P4nterica helped them create some new forums and then all of a sudden it is a flat out no from you. If you recall I actually suggested to call it something else at the time to which point I was completely neutral and not a part of what they were creating. Frankly your response was, if I am not in charge then it can't have anything to do with CL even remotely hence my assertion if we changed it to team chivalry you would still be complaining and ranting that it has nothing to do with the former CL.

As the only remaining active member of TDC (I believe) it gives me a unique perspective on what this clan was and what it stood for and what CL ended up becoming was nothing like the clan TDC once was. What this clan meant to me is completely different to the directions and intentions it finished up as. I am not going to get into a debate on p2p vs f2p pking, we started out pking at hill giants with teleports ffs, the only constant in this clan is that we have always had aussie friendly pk times. There is no blanket ban on f2p pking either, just a lack of numbers that prevents it at the moment.

Had you been more open to discussing things in the first place i'd likely be a special guest who pk's with these guys right now trying to work out a compromise and acceptable position for all but sadly that wasn't to be the case and when essentially asked to choose between someone willing to have a crack and someone who had given up the decision was made for me.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:29 am 
CL Legend
CL Legend
Brave Robot

South_Africa
-Davis- wrote:
Frankly your response was, if I am not in charge then it can't have anything to do with CL even remotely hence my assertion if we changed it to team chivalry you would still be complaining and ranting that it has nothing to do with the former CL.

That would literally solve the only problem Myron and myself have with this new "not CL but still CL" team. I'd stop bitching in a heartbeat and I bet Myron would too.

Call it Team Chivalry, Hell even call it Dark Chivalry if you're so nostalgic for those days, noone in the clan world remembers TDC, drop the 'the' and you've got yourself a unique name that pays homage to some of your members roots. I mean you'd have to ask Nazz to be sure but I personally wouldn't take issue with that.

None of your arguments seem to make any sense, it's like you think we have beef with the fact that this team exists. You wanna scape again with old friends in a team go right ahead, no beef. Just do it under a different name, why is that so hard? It seems like at this point ya'll are just doing it to spite Myronator.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:27 pm 
Squire
Squire

Australia
Myronator wrote:
Robot made a Team Australia for a short bit to reunite all the Aussies/Kiwis out there to do some Aussie timezone stuff. None of us had a problem with it since he didn't claim it was CL.

Hahaha mate, i don't even remember what team i called it since i've made so many in the past :jumprope: Very good point though that i overlooked before. People were brought together because they wanted to PK/rekindle friendships within the Australian timezone. Can definitely be done without calling the team "CL".

Post Posted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:47 pm 
They had a forum post on the other forums about weather or not to change the name to something new (When word got out Myron was annoyed about the name) only a small handful voted to change it, and the names suggested were shit, I'm assuming that is the only reason they kept it. As soon as you guys kept complaining about it, They should've had another vote or someone who took "offense" should have taken the time to comment on the OSRS forums where you know...It would be seen? The only people that come here seem to be OLD CL who don't play RS anymore, So saying your opinions here is counter productive in a sense.

I don't care what the name is, I'm in it for Pking. We were told "Former CL leaders gave permission", I was linked here and saw Myron/Others complaining. If you guys played OSRS/these forums were active and you said "Change the name" and they didn't do it I'd probably be in your corner saying "Yeah that's fucked change it". Like you said it's 2017, and you guys have lives to live, Seriously want to spent it fighting over a name on a game you no longer choose to play?. If it's that big of a deal, I'm all for a name change - But don't see that happening if Myron/Karate aren't willing to chat one last time. It seems like no big deal to change the name, and seem's like it will solve a lot of issues. See what happens I guess

If you're active enough to check these old forums, I'd suggest you come onto the current OSRS CL forums and join as a friend / Talk there.

-Andy-

Post Posted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:48 pm 
CL Legend
CL Legend

PleaseSelect
RockinsummeR wrote:
-Davis- wrote:
Frankly your response was, if I am not in charge then it can't have anything to do with CL even remotely hence my assertion if we changed it to team chivalry you would still be complaining and ranting that it has nothing to do with the former CL.

That would literally solve the only problem Myron and myself have with this new "not CL but still CL" team. I'd stop bitching in a heartbeat and I bet Myron would too.

Call it Team Chivalry, Hell even call it Dark Chivalry if you're so nostalgic for those days, noone in the clan world remembers TDC, drop the 'the' and you've got yourself a unique name that pays homage to some of your members roots. I mean you'd have to ask Nazz to be sure but I personally wouldn't take issue with that.

None of your arguments seem to make any sense, it's like you think we have beef with the fact that this team exists. You wanna scape again with old friends in a team go right ahead, no beef. Just do it under a different name, why is that so hard? It seems like at this point ya'll are just doing it to spite Myronator.

I am pretty sure I voted Myron into his original council position, there is no spite to be had with him.

I did actually suggested calling it TDC to begin with as it was more a return to those days of gaining loot with friends which was along the lines of what this group is trying to do, I am sure I could make it happen if all parties were happy.

Myronator wrote:
-Davis- wrote:
I was leading KB back then a little p2p clan that was more skills focused and nathan use to invite me to tag along for pk's only for people to follow me because of my combat level at the time.

I just think TDC would be a better balance for a restart, a change back to the original name for a small group just out there to have some fun which was what tdc was for me, more fitting then CL imo.

Yeah I agree that it would be more fitting. CL was a semi organised clan with half decent standards and rules with the aim of getting high turnouts to epic f2p fights. That's not what these guys want to do here, which is why I said they ain't gonna be remaking CL but just stealing the name.

The only thing with calling a new clan TDC is that none of these guys here even know any of the guys that were in TDC (except Ivan maybe?). I think the best thing to do is for these guys to get their own name, start fresh and have their own identity. Other clans did it (Solace, EH, Ronin etc.). Its more respectful that way too.

Myron still had an issue with calling it TDC, maybe with me on board now as the only active former TDC member it is acceptable but that is for him to decide.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:25 pm 
Clan Leader
Clan Leader
Without You I'm Nothing

Latvia
If you really had nothing against me, I'm not sure why you couldn't just give me some straight answers before. But whatever, I'll take your word for it.

If you were serious about calling it TDC, you should have said so. I don't think anyone in CL has a claim on the name. The same goes for all the previous clans (Legendary Knights and Death Legions), and our junior clan (Chivalry Forces?). Once the first merger happened everyone identified as CL only, and the people playing right now really wouldn't have a clue about pre-merger clans. So, since you are the only TDC member left, it really is up to you to decide whether you think its appropriate. I highly doubt Nath gives a shit, but you can ask him too if you want. No one else here really has any idea what TDC was like. Maybe Rockin might know something since he was in AOR or whatever it was back then, but that's as close as it gets. Personally, I think its a bit strange to go with TDC for the reasons I said in that post before, but that's not me saying as leader of CL that you can't use any pre-merger clan names, that's just an opinion that you can choose to do whatever you like with.

In short, you're the last TDC member left and no one else in CL really has anything to do with TDC outside of knowing it was once a pre-merger clan, so its entirely your decision if you think that name is appropriate.

<+Jollibeeme> toaster

Post Posted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:52 am 
Special Guest
Special Guest

Member No: 1156

Hong_Kong
RSN: LollipoParty
Combat: 124
yo lets just have fun

Post Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:22 pm 
Special Guest
Special Guest
It's gonna get louder

Member No: 1281

NewZealand
Clan: Muscle Tribe of Danger and Excellence
RSN: Mute Erebus1
Combat: 999
Fun times.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Board index » Public General Chat » Public Clan Discussion